If you are here to find the comparison between SDC vs. Invisalign then you are in the right place! Read on for more information.
Straight teeth look perfect, but not everyone is born with such great teeth. You might be wondering what to do if someone doesn’t have the perfectly straight teeth! Well, your smile can still be perfect, but if there is an option available would you go for it? Let’s discuss the options by doing a comparison of Smile Dental Club vs. Invisalign.
Smile Dental Club vs. Invisalign: A Comparison
You have two teeth straightening options that include SDC vs Invisalign. Which one are you going to select? At this point, it might be a little tough to answer this question. Let’s do a comparison for you to figure out the most viable option.
Braces Or Aligners
Usually, your orthodontist would suggest braces or aligners as the teeth straightening options. If you were from the past, the only option available to you would be the braces. Here are the best invisible braces for you. However, times have changed and thanks to the advancement in technology, you have now the option to select the aligners as well. It is important for you to keep a variety of factors in mind when selecting the aligners like your waiting time, payment involved, and many more!
- There is no denying the fact that braces are the most effective way of straightening your misaligned teeth.
- It would be costly plus, your braces would be fixed during the treatment process.
- You can’t remove your braces until the treatment is over. You can expect the treatment to last from anywhere between 6 months up to 2 years.
- It is basically a plastic replica of your teeth. You wear them like a mouthguard and there would be an impact on your teeth causing it to be aligned because of the added pressure.
- Unlike the braces, the aligners are mostly invisible. When you get the aligners, you have to follow the relevant instructions and have to wear them as per the prescribed time. However, if you want to eat something you can take the aligners off.
- Every time you do this, you have to brush your teeth and clean the aligners as well. It would be slightly uncomfortable to wear in the beginning just like the braces, but you would be used to it.
Viable Options For Teeth Straightening
You have a variety of options when it comes to teeth straightening such as:
Smile Direct Club
It is a company that offers you custom made aligners. These aligners are composed of clear plastic and can help in the alignment of your teeth. A licensed orthodontist would be helping with the treatment. The user is likely to get the best possible experience as the company has the required expertise in this area. Nowadays, it is easy to find the reviews and comments of the current or previous buyers that can let anyone know how the experience would be like. Knowing what other people have to say can help in decision making.
When you consider Smile Dental Club as a viable option, you can expect the following:
- You can get a home-impression kit or visit the Smile Dental shop to get a 3D image of your teeth. A licensed orthodontist would then review your case.
- You would get a preview of how your smile would look like plus, you would also get the custom aligners.
- A dentist or an orthodontist would be assigned to you. You can contact them digitally or they would check in every 90 dates to get the updates on your process.
You can expect the results in 4 to 8 months. Then custom retainers would help you to keep the teeth straight. The company would send these to you!
Read the full Smile Direct Club Review.
Payment Options At Smile Direct Club
If you decide to opt for this route, you would have the following payment options:
- Upfront or a one-time payment. You can expect it to be $1895. However, it is always better to check the official website to get updated information.
- If you want you can also pay $250 upfront and then for the 2 years, you would pay $85 each month.
Depending on your budget, you might find this option affordable. In any case, it is always better that you do the math and find out what works best for you.
Suitable Criteria For Smile Dental Club
To know whether you would be a suitable candidate for Smile Dental Club or not, consider the following:
- It would be a suitable option if you have crowded teeth.
- You can opt for Smile Dental Club if you are looking for bite correction.
- If you have spaces between your teeth, SDC would be suitable for you.
So, if you meet the above-mentioned criteria then you can go for the Smile Dental Club.
You can say that Invisalign is a product of modern age since it would be an alternative to your metal braces. For those who don’t like or want to wear the metal braces, Invisalign would be a good alternative to consider. It would be suitable for you if:
- You want to fix the bite issues.
- You want to correct the alignment of your teeth.
- You want to remove the gaps between your teeth.
It is a flexible clear plastic that would apply pressure on your teeth to make them aligned. Depending on the problem or the dental issues, you can expect the treatment to be anywhere between 6 to 18 months. To get the most out of it, you should wear it 24/7. However, when you plan to eat or drink and brush your teeth, you can take these off.
If you consider Invisalign as a viable option for straightening your teeth, you can expect the following:
- After visiting an orthodontist or a dentist, and a review of your case they would be able to suggest whether Invisalign is the right option for you or not.
- You can get a custom treatment plan based on the digital scan of your mouth.
- You would be able to get the custom aligners. Just pick them up or maybe get it delivered right at your doorstep!
Just check-in with your dentist on a regular basis and within 4 to 8 months, you would be able to get the desired result.
Payment Options For Invisalign
Ideally, you would be able to get a clear idea of the prices and cost once you get the treatment place. It would depend on the treatment plan and also on the duration of your treatment. You can expect the following:
- The cost would be $5000, but it is better if you check the latest update. It is always better to check the official website to get the current information.
- You would need the cleaning crystals for cleaning your trays so include the additional cost for that as well. It would $1/day.
- You can get the payment plan options to make payments easy for you.
- You would need a retainer to maintain your teeth alignment.
Invisalign For Teeth Straightening
You might go for this option because:
- It won’t get in the lifestyle as you can eat and drink easily.
- You don’t like the prominent metal braces, but prefer a less noticeable way for teeth alignment.
- It would be suitable for your gingival health conditions.
- You can get a digital prediction of your smile.
Other Teeth Straightening Options Apart From SDC vs. Invisalign
If you are interested in finding out other treatment options, consider the following:
If you plan to opt for Candid, you can expect the following:
- You would be able to get a custom dental impression of your teeth. A molding kit would help you get the impressions of your top and bottom teeth.
- A 3D image would assistant in determining the relevant treatment plan for you. It is important for you to keep in mind that there is no commitment involved in the process.
- You can then get the custom aligners if you want to go ahead, which you can receive in the mail.
- You would be required to wear the aligners for 22 hours. However, it would be possible to take these out when you would eat, drink, or brush your teeth. There would be some pain or discomfort in the beginning.
Pricing for Candid is also affordable. It is $1900 and you can get the monthly billing option as well. It would be simple to use as compared to going to visit the orthodontist every now and then. You would be able to get an advantage in the comfort of your home.
Read the full Candid Co Review.
This is another teeth straightening option. If you opt for it, you can expect the following:
- You get clear custom-fitted aligners based on your dental impressions for your dental problems.
- The process would be similar to Candid and Invisalign. You can get the aligners in the mail.
- You would get the retainers for free after the treatment. Retainers would help in maintaining the position of your teeth.
You would be able to get this option at a price of $1420. It is the most affordable option so if you are looking for a budget-friendly option, you can consider this. The treatment plan would be 30 weeks. It is important that you are following the relevant instructions and wearing them as per the recommendation.
This is comparatively a new company. There are professional orthodontists and licensed dentists. You would get the at-home clear aligners. The treatment plans would be customized for the teeth alignment. You would give the dental impressions and then you would get the trays of the correct size that you would receive at your home.
It is also cost-effective and would be $1900. It would be a viable option if:
- You are looking for minor to moderate adjustments.
- You have minor gaps.
- You need minor repositioning.
If there are complicated dental issues, you have to consider other options.
Smile Direct Club vs. Invisalign: Verdict
You have many teeth straightening treatment options available. Whether you go for SDC vs. Invisalign is your personal choice. There are a variety of factors involved that can help you in the process of decision making. Consider the following:
- You have to see what is the most viable option for you in terms of the budget and which one is more affordable for you.
- If you like one better than the other, find out if you can get flexible payment options.
- You can see the duration for both treatments. Based on your dental issues, you can opt for the one you like the most.
- Go with your gut feeling. You would know what’s best for you!
- Search online and ask people on social media. Do your homework before the final decision.
If you still find it tough to make a final decision, it would be a good idea to visit the official website of the companies and see what they have to say. Check the team working for you and find out who are the dentists, orthodontists, and professionals. Also, check FAQs and see if there are testimonials from the past users. You would be able to get a feel of what might work better for you! It is always better to keep your dental health in check. Make sure you are taking the right decision and maintaining hygiene whether you opt Smile Direct Club or Invisalign.
Wrapping It Up
Whether you opt for Invisalign or Smile Direct Club, the end result would be straight teeth. Plus, you also have other treatment options as you can see above. However, it is important for you to find out what option would be the most viable for you. You have to consider your budget, and so much more! Make sure you are doing thorough research on your own before the final decision. But, the best thing is that a straight and perfect smile that you had always dreamt of is now possible thanks to these treatment options available just for you!