If you are here for the Candid review, you are in the right place! When you want a straight smile, you might be looking for the best possible solution out there!
Now that you have heard about Candid Co, it is better to get to the know-how of it through the Candid Co Review. A review can help you in making a final decision as it is based on the opinions and research. Plus, knowing what other people have to say is always better! There is some truth behind their shared experience. The compilation of user reviews can help you decide what would be best for you.
The initial assessment is available online so you can check out the website! It would ask basic information on the misalignment of your teeth and you would be good to go.
Read on for more information!
To get a general overview, consider the following:
- It would be a suitable option if you are over 16 years of age!
- There should be no baby teeth. There should be no permanent retainer.
- It won’t be suitable if you need bite correction or your dental work is scheduled.
- You are maintaining dental health. Not suitable if you have gum diseases.
- You have mild malocclusion! Don’t go for it when it’s severe!
What To Expect
It is important for you to keep in mind that Candid would be picky in taking the customers. They would not prefer complicated cases. Thus, before you go for the visit, it is always better to do thorough research as it can help you with the final decision and can also save a lot of your time! Always visit your dentist to rule out the possibilities of any underlying issues. If there is wisdom tooth extraction needed, it would be important. Plus, you might have cavities and you don’t even know! Thus, you should always do thorough research before reaching out to Candid.
Visiting The Candid Studio
A technician with the relevant expertise would perform the necessary steps to create a dentition model for you. A designated orthodontist would be assigned to you at this time. You can expect all this during your visit to the Candid Studio. It would be for 30 minutes only!
Take your guardian along if you are under 18. Make sure you are showing up at your appointment, but you can even go as a walk-in. However, it is always a good idea to reserve a spot. Based on your smile model, you can receive a treatment plan. Don’t forget to sign the consent form.
Ordering Starter Kit Online
When you have filled out the assessment form, you have to sign the consent form. Then you would order a starter kit online. Wait for your package!
You can take your own impressions and photos. It is even possible to set up a call with the Customer Service Representative. It would be a video call and thus, you would be able to get the required information with ease. If you find it tough to follow the directions, you can set up the call while taking the impressions.
If you have to redo the impressions, you can get another package without additional charges. You can expect a cheek stretcher, putty, trays, poker tool, gloves, prepaid return box, and relevant instructions in your starter kit package.
To take your impressions in the correct way, just make sure you are setting aside 40 minutes. So if you have an important meeting to attend or a task at hand, leave it aside for just 40 minutes! Plus, it would be a good idea to watch the relevant instructional video by Candid as it can guide you on how to take the impressions.
Your treatment plan is designed by an orthodontist. It would be based on your diagnostic records. Your treatment plan would be ready depending on what route you plan to take! For example, if you decide to go to the Candid Studio, you can expect the result in 5 days while if you go for the starter kit then you can expect 4 to 5 weeks depending on whether it is approved. So if you are in a hurry, it would be best to via Candid Studio.
You can expect the following:
- The average treatment can last up to 6 months.
- Your bone biology is important. Your health and safety matters!
- You can expect 11 months!
When you get your plan you would be able to get information on your orthodontist, time to wear each set, a number of aligners you get, treatment duration, a 3D model depicting your journey in various steps, option to select the payment method.
Work On Your Smile
After the approval of your plan, you would be able to get the Candid Co straightening kit. Usually, it would take three weeks for approval. You can expect chewies, a tool to remove aligners, app-enabled scanner, whitening foam, cheek stretcher, aligner case, and the custom aligners for designed specifically for you!
The packets of your aligners would be labeled. Thus, it would be easy for you to keep track of your progress. It would be labeled as the “first step” and “step two” so you have to select accordingly. It would be a good idea to familiarize yourself with everything. When you get the kit, make sure you are taking it slow and try to gather the relevant information. Once you know what exactly to do and how to do it, everything would be smooth! The aligners are stain-resistant and so you need not free plus these are BPA free and also free of phthalate.
Starting The Treatment
The treatment would start once you would wear the aligners. At this point, it would be important for you to follow the relevant instructions. Keep the following things in mind:
- You have to wear the aligners for 22 hours a day. However, you would be able to get relevant information on when to switch the set through the Candid app. It appears as if the app is designed keeping in view the users. Thanks to the power of information technology, it would be easy to keep pace!
- It would be a good idea to start the new pair at night. This way you would be able to adjust easily.
- You need not worry about eating! It would be interesting for you to know that it is possible for you to eat with the aligners. However, once you are done eating make sure you are taking them off and rinse them. Also, brush your teeth! Always use cool water when you are cleaning the aligners. Make sure the water is never hot. Plus, with the help of a soft brush, you can clean it. Just follow the instructions for cleaning and wearing; you would be good to go!
Comprehensive Assessment Of Treatment
You need not worry about visiting the orthodontist every now and then as remote monitoring is now possible. It is in fact a new feature that is launched in February 2020.
Basically, through this feature, you would be able to get a comprehensive assessment of your treatment by your assigned orthodontist. It would be possible for you to get a scan of your mouth by using your smartphone and the device in your Candid straightening kit. Based on the assessments, your orthodontist would provide the relevant instructions. Remote monitoring is important! However, you can expect an increase in the price because of it.
It is possible that you might get a lisp when using the aligners, but only you would be able to hear it. It would be less noticeable with time. You might also feel the following:
- You can feel soreness. It would be expected when you are using a new set. You can expect it for the first few days!
- Your gums might be inflamed as well.
You can use the chewies. However, it is important for you to keep in mind that when you are using such a product for the first time, you can feel the discomfort, but you can always reach out the Candid support. When there is an emergency, it would be best to place a call!
Wear Your Retainers
When you are at the end of your treatment, you would receive a package including remover tool, whitening foam, chewies, retainer case, top, and bottom retainers. You have to wear your retainers. Now, let’s suppose you have not received the final package yet! What are you going to do? Well, in such a case, it would be best that you are wearing the last aligner set until you receive the new package.
You have to wear retainers like trays for 22 hours in a day. You can expect a harsher lisp, but it would be possible for you to wear the retainers only at night. Switch these every six months! You would get the first set for free, but then you have to pay an additional cost. You can check the official website to see the updated charges. It is always better to check the updated information as you never know what changes might occur.
It is a good idea to get a know-how of the relevant prices. It can help you decide whether it’s a viable option for you or not. For some people, price is a motivating factor when it comes to making a final decision.
You can expect the following prices:
- The started kit would cost you around $95. However, it would cost you free if you visit the Candid Studio.
- The one-time payment plan would cost you around $2400.
- On a deposit of $399, it would cost $99 for two years!
- The cost of the retainers would be $99.
- For the app-enabled scanner, the cost would be $350 (if your treatment was started before February 2020).
You can choose to buy your aligners after your free scan. You can read more about the best invisible braces to choose the right ones for you. However, it would be interesting for you to know that the purchase would be refundable until you have approved the relevant treatment plan.
There is something interesting for you! You get a satisfaction guarantee. Your smile would be like the 3D preview. However, if it doesn’t match the 3D preview, you would get a new plan for treatment and aligners free! Candid would work to make sure that your smile does look like the 3D preview. It’s interesting since many people would prefer this point.
Is Candid Co Better For You Or Smile Direct Club?
You might be thinking whether you should opt for Candid Co or Smile Direct. Read the full Smile Direct Club Review.
Consider the following:
- Both are recognizable and famous on the market.
- It is not suitable for patients who have a complex case. So, both would take patients with mild misalignment.
- You would be able to get online support by both!
- There is also app support available for both!
- Smile Direct Club is seen by general dentists.
- Candid works with orthodontists only! Getting approval would be a long and hard process.
- If you have missing teeth, dental implants, or even permanent retainers then the Smile Direct Club would be a suitable option as it is flexible.
- In comparison to the prices, Smile Direct Club would be cheaper in comparison. So if you are looking for a cheaper alternative, you can check the difference in the prices.
In any case, you are likely to get suitable results. However, it is important for you to select the most viable option in your opinion. You know what’s best for you. If the price is the main factor in making a decision, it would be best to make your budget, evaluate the pros and cons, and see for yourself what’s best. Your purpose is to get the straight teeth, now what path you choose to get those is your call! After all, you are the one who has to make the final decision.
Smile Direct Club vs. Invisalign: find out what is better.
Wrapping It Up
It appears that getting the aligned teeth is no more a dream! Nowadays, technology is such that it would be possible to get the mouth scans evens from the comfort of your home. You have options to see what’s suitable. Using the starter kit, aligners, and retainers, it would be possible to get the desired results. However, it is important for you to keep in mind that the initial assessment would be important before moving on to the next steps. You can expect some discomfort, but that’s how it is! You can select between Smile Direct Club or Candid Co but is upon you to decide what’s the most viable option in your opinion. You have to give the initial assessment and the initial approval in the case of Candid Co might take longer.